High School Internship Program Description
Title: Program Aide
Hours: 15-20 Hours per week: Monday-Friday
Time: 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Rise Up & Walk is a not-for-profit community-based organization that is recognized for providing educational and recreational programs for youth in Pre-K through 5th grade, which promotes academic achievement, positive youth development, spiritual awareness, and community service. Programs provided include After-School Enrichment, Mentoring, Tutoring, Summer Enrichment, Recreational Sports and Arts. These services are provided to partnering community schools in New York City.
Students who participate in this internship will have the opportunity to serve as Teachers aide, program assistants, office assistant, tutors, school escorts, activities aide, receptionist and assist in classroom facilitation.
- Assist Program Director/Site Supervisor in the day to day operations of the Afterschool Program as needed.
- Provide homework assistance
- Assist in tutoring Pre-K through 5th graders in reading, writing, and math.
- Serve as teacher’s aide (helping students remain focused and on task in the classroom).
- Assist with preparation of organized recreational activities and distribution of snacks.
- Help keep program areas clean and in working order at all times.
- At least 17 years of age when applying for the internship program
- Maintain appropriate academic grades and receive a referral from a School Coordinator or Grade Advisor.
- Some prior experience working with youth
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Computer literate
Social Media Intern Job Description
Forward-thinking, nonprofit community-based organization looking to recruit an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms. Organization is currently redesigning our website and will soon launch a social media campaign.
The intern will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team, who are very excited to share in this project and opportunity.
- Contribute to website redesign project
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Optimize website and social media
- Perform keyword analysis
- Perform cost/benefit analysis
- Marketing/Business or Language major
- 3 years of experience with Internet and social media platforms
- Solid understanding of youth markets
- Energetic and creative
- Hard-working and team-oriented
- Practical experience with website launch and social media campaigns
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
Graphic Design Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Select graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with designated staff persons to develop design concepts
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Graphic Design major preferred
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with various design software packages
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Work on a wide range of graphic design projects
- Attend weekly meetings and participate in networking events
- Flexible schedule for students